We’re seeking Volunteer Organisers to support a community response in Merthyr Tydfil, Rhondda Cynon Taf, Newport, Pembrokeshire and Flintshire.
Right now volunteers are needed help people who are self-isolating and unable to leave their home as a direct result of the COVID-19 pandemic through telephone befriending. Many of these people are already recognised as those at high risk in society. This could be due to a range of factors, including age or a pre-existing medical condition.
We’re looking for Volunteer Organisers who will support volunteers to help people to maintain contact with the outside world, continue to receive their medication and essential shopping and help exercise their pets while they are unable to leave their home.
We’ll provide training, ongoing support, third party liability insurance and out of pocket expenses, including travel costs.
What will this involve?
As a Volunteer Organiser you’ll be responsible for:
- Coordinating a team of 10-15 local volunteers, being their first point of contact.
- Helping to arrange support activities with your volunteer team.
- Maintaining weekly contact with volunteers, providing support and getting feedback on activities.
- Working closely with the volunteer manager, feeding in anything relevant as soon as possible.
- Keeping a check on activities and regularly let us know how it’s going.
How do i know if i’m right for the role?
We’re looking for people who have:
- Strong organisational skills
- Good listening and communication skills
- Access to a telephone and email
- Understanding of confidentiality and data protection
- A strong sense of social responsibility