Everyone loves letters in the post! Volunteers and the people we support are no different – and we need volunteers to write postcards or letters to people who would appreciate the contact with someone through the post.
Your commitment will be appreciated and we will let you know the difference you have made. Pen Pals is part of the national project GettingTogether Matters from Volunteering Matters.
You can be based anywhere in the UK – and we will train you and support you through your correspondence.
- Have good communication skills
- Have empathy and compassion
- Have an awareness of confidentiality and boundaries
- Be committed to writing a regular letter or postcard
- Over 18
- Be willing to have a paid-for criminal record check (DBS)
WHAT WE PROVIDE
As a volunteer you’ll receive:
- Induction and safeguarding training
- Future reference
- Ongoing support
- Opportunities for involvement in events and social activities
Contact the team on email@example.com or apply below.Apply now