Due to COVID-19 we are still recruiting, but are operating remotely to maintain social distancing. Please get in touch with our team for more details.
Volunteering Matters latest response to COVID-19
LifeLines is a volunteer-led project supporting people aged 50 and over based in Brighton. LifeLines runs activities and one-to-one support schemes to help older people stay more active and better engaged with their communities, and aims to stop older people from becoming isolated as they move into retirement.
We recruit, train and support volunteers to start up their own chosen activities at a suitable venue – any ideas you have are good ones and we would be happy to discuss them with you, running everything from IT lessons to Dance to Mindful colouring! We also support volunteers to help people get out more and stay more active through our Activity Partner scheme.
- Interest in working with older people
- Willing to have a DBS check done
- Able to give at least two hours of their time a week
- Commitment to volunteering with us for at least 3 months
- Able to provide 2 references
What we provide
As a volunteer you’ll receive:
- Out of pocket expenses
- Volunteering Matters public liability insurance
- Induction training, specialist training as required, and on-going training opportunities
- Opportunities to meet and socialise with other volunteers
- The opportunity to use your skills and experience to improve the lives of others