Knowledge Equals Opportunities (KEO) aims to empower families with primary aged children to take more of an active role in their child’s education. Working predominantly with beneficiaries who are new to the UK, Volunteering Matters recruits and fully trains volunteers to deliver programmes and support to families in Ipswich, to create improved conditions for learning.
KEO are looking for volunteers to deliver a 6-week programme for families new to the UK, delivered at their child’s primary school. The main areas covered in these sessions are benefits, employment, health, the UK education system, immigration, safeguarding and much more.
- Over 18 years old
- Available for one day induction training
- Able and willing to commit to minimum 10 weeks volunteering, including training
- Willing to complete a criminal record check (DBS)
- Resident in local area
- 2 References
- An interest in education and working with families
- Understanding of issues relating to being new to a community
WHAT WE PROVIDE
As a volunteer you’ll receive:
- A paid-for criminal record check (DBS)
- Full training for Safeguarding and Child Sexual Exploitation
- Ongoing support from project staff and regular contact with project manager
- Third-party liability insurance
- Out of pocket expenses, including travel costs
- Future references
If you’d like to support a family with their child’s education, apply below, or get in touch with the team.
01473 418035 or email:
KEO PROJECT PAGE