Grandmentors is an innovative volunteering project where older volunteers use their lifetime of skills and experience to support and mentor young people leaving the care system. These young people who are out of employment, education or training (NEET) often need a guiding hand and role model to support them to find work, continue their education or begin training – ultimately giving them the skills and self-belief to lead successful and independent lives. This opportunity is for Grandmentors Wandsworth.
Volunteers meet with a young person each week to boost their confidence and work towards goals, which are unique to each young person. Volunteers support where they can to help these young care leavers find their feet and reach their full potential. All volunteers are given full support and training throughout their time on the project.
- Aged 50+ (not necessarily exclusive)
- Good people and communication skills, patience and the ability to be empathetic
- DBS (criminal record) check will be performed
- Long-term commitment required (min. six months)
- Resident in Wandsworth or the surrounding boroughs
WHAT WE PROVIDE
As a volunteer you’ll receive:
- Full training plus ongoing support including monthly mentor support meetings
click HERE TO APPLY to be a mentor.
or to find out more contact: